The Road to Rainbow Liberation
Marriage, sex and gender rights today
Farida Iqbal et al
Published by Resistance Books
2011, 44pp, ISBN 978-1-876646-69-1, Pamphlet
Imagine a world where —
* Nobody felt shamed, excluded, bullied or intimidated because of their sex, sexuality or gender identity.
* No young person experiences low self-esteem or depression. No young person is bullied or harassed. No young person is driven to suicide because of their sexuality or gender identity.
* Everyone who wants to get married can get married!
* Children who felt ‘different’ were able to talk openly, to anyone they wanted, and feel safe.
* No child was forced to identify as a gender that was inappropriate for them.
* No healthy child ever suffered an operation to ‘fix’ their sex against their consent.
* Nobody could be fired from a job or expelled from a school for their sexuality.
* Nobody ever had to lie about their identity in order to feel safe at work or school.
* People, not profits, matter; where all people’s basic needs are automatically met, and their hopes and dreams for a fulfilling life are treasured, and their sexual and gender identity are valued.
People deserve to live in a world like this, but the reality we face is very different. We live in a world where people suffer from prejudice discrimination and sometimes just plain hatred.
The articles in this pamphlet are about the real world we live in, and the homophobia or transphobia that people experience.
They’re also about the solution to homophobia in our world, and how ordinary people can get involved in the struggle for a better world.
The authors are activists in the rainbow movement, many of them are members of the Socialist Alliance. Most of the articles first appeared in the newspaper Green Left Weekly.
Export this product info to :